Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Road so Far...

Coming into this class I wanted to learn more about The Brother's Grimm, more about their tales, and I wanted to further explore Disney's movies. So Far I believe I am doing a great job accomplishing those goals. Comparing  Disney's version, the original tale, and Rammestein's version of Snow White was incredible! I got to research the particular theme or motif that interested me, in my case the poisoned apple, and write a scholarly paper about it. I also learned how to find symbols and themes in tales and movies, so now when I watch movies I can pick up on them and it makes my viewing experience much more pleasurable. I absolutely love when we get to "graffiti" about the tales. it really helps to better understand the symbols and themes by drawing them and discussing them. I think the most challenging part of this class will be the midterm - I looked over the study guide and it  looks like I have a lot of studying ahead of me. I'm not a very good test taker to begin with, so this will be extra challenging for me. I am looking forward to our next tale, The Brave Little Tailor, and I am even more excited to start Little Red Riding Hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment